Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pondering about a fridge

The house I just bought was built in 1910.. it has white appliance's which half of them I don't use.. and the ones I do use.. well I just don't like the look.. I have been considering more of an old vintage fridge with nice curved lines.. I don't want the kitchen to look retro but I do want it to keep an old charming feel without looking kitschy..  Here are some images that I am loving and I even like the idea of a possibly DIY update to the old one.. but I do hesitate.. 

-- I love how simple this one is and what a great color! This may be a better fit for a coastal getaway home-- (*not sure to whom this image belongs to.. so feel free to message me.. Love the fridge!)

I love this! I wouldn't do pink in my house.. but for a cottage retreat yes! I love the old stove as well! I could imagine a fridge like this in a glossy white (Image via Apartment Therapy)

This is a great fridge! It has nice strong wood grain and the hardware to add a masculine feel to what I hope will become a relaxing space for enjoying good food and good people :) (1)

The big thing to consider at this point is -- 
1. Old vs. New (energy/costs.. etc)
2.Where do I buy one?? (Northstar makes New*old* fridges.. pretty high price tag)
-check craigslist
-Auctions/Estate Sales/Flea Markets
3.What to do in the meantime?? (Not sure this will be the best bet if I want to sell my old one, who knows someone may buy it quicker DIY'd but I saw a great DIY on pinterest from The Old Painted Cottage and they share how they added bead board and barn handles.. check them out because I am loving their curious finds they have for sale!)

Know a great resource for old fridge's?? Please share :) Would love to see other pictures of functional vintage fridges in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment